Driving and going to the men's room after PAE

Posted , 6 users are following.

I jumped into my car and drove to three different stores, lpoking for a product, and it just hit me that I didn't have to use the men's room. Only 10 days after my PAE, you don't understand how HIGE that is for me. I have a bottle that I got from the hospital that's in the car with me and I haven't even looked at it. (Mind Blown) Everyone in my family knows...ok dad has to go pee first. I just got in the car and realized this and called my wife. "Hey babe, I just went to three different stores and I didn't have to pee". Not only was she shocked, but my son got on the phone..."NO WAT DAD!"...Way, what a blessing!

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello there from Orlando.  I think that is great.  I'm so happy that PAE worked for you.  The new procedures work great.  I wish more men would look into them...Take care and enjoy your life..Ken
    • Posted

Thx Ken, it really is an amazing procedure. I know the FDA will make this available for men that are suffering from BPH, the research is going well and should be on a fast track to be available to others. I just couldn't believe it, i actually got back into my car heading to my 3rd. Stop and it suddenly hit me...I didn't use the men's room on my last two stops and I still don't have to go. That's been my M.O. for the last 8 yrs. I literally stopped my car and took inventory of what was happening before I gave thanks.
    • Posted

I think that is great.  I picked the urolift had it done over a year ago.  Flow is no problem and I can hold it for hours.  Most of the time I only go twice a day.  It depands on how much I drink...Life will be much better and no side effect like some of the older procedure that some doctor push.  Take care and happy Father's day  Ken  
    • Posted

I am about 4 weeks post-PAE and my fellow Patient blogger is 6 weeks post PAE we are noticing changes in ejaculatory force and volume.  Specifically, these have diminished greatly from pre-PAE.  It almost feels like the smooth muscle part of the ejaculation has forgotten how to do it, or is not quite coordinated.  We are not experiencing retrograde ejaculation, but more of a weak force that ends up more like oozing than ejaculating.   We have Wonderful improvements in urine stream, emptying, etc, but surprised about this new change and hoping it is temporary.   We would love to hear from anyone else experiencing this and whether it will improve or not.

Thanking you for your help

Kind

Regards

Chris

• Posted

Within a few hours of having my Rezum,  I sensed the urinary retention was much improved. However I didn't know for certain until three days later when I had the Foley catheter removed, and able to take void and PVR measurements in a measuring cup, along with a single use catheter.
  • Posted

Great News, until you have been there, one does not know the important things in life.  When a young guy, one cannot pass a water fountain without stopping, but as we age, we cannot pass a bathroom without stopping.

Who and Where was it done? And the cost, if you do not mind answering?

Many Thanks,

• Posted

Dr. Bagla, at his Institute in Virginia. He performed an amamzing procedure. His Institute as well as his staff were magnificent in caring for me. And you're so right, usually when I go somewhere the bottles in the car with me because i couldn't drive anyplace without relieving myself before I exit the car. Or at least making sure where the mensroom was. Drove to an event today, watched the event made it back home without going to the mens room. My son kept saying "Dad there's the mens room, I smiled and said thx kido but Im good. When we pulled onto the garage I'd usually sprint to he John, I just sat there. OMG the PAE has worked. Thankful and prayerful for this blessing. I mean I have had to be taken to the emergency room by ambulance at times, my BPH was massive and just to make it someplace without using the men's room is a huge accomplishment and victory.. towards getting my life back.
    • Posted

SS, Thanks, were you part of a trial study, or did you or your insurance pay for it?  My Insurance (group) will not but it is appealable.  The cost quoted locally was $9500 wo insurance.

Also, as far as the proceedure, were you in twilight zone like with a heart cath?  And how long did you have to wear a cath afterwards/

Lastly, you mentioned massive size, mine is over 160 thus making options limited and far more chance for complications.

Thanks again for sharing.

Scott

• Posted

I went through 9 hours of testing at Stanford to see if I was able to join their study and everything checked out fine except my prostate was too large for their study. So I turned to Dr. Bagla after speaking with him and discovering that he'd performed PAE on someone who Prostate size was 600. But what was great about being tested for everything known to man at Stanford clinical research, I discovered that I did not have cancer in my entire body and that was awesome to hear. Insurance paid for it. No heart catheter, he completed my procedure in 45 minutes and said it was an amazing success. I chose to wear the catheter up for 5 days, after going to the emergency room so many times... that was a simple decision for me.
  • Posted

I am about 4 weeks post-PAE and my fellow Patient blogger is 6 weeks post PAE we are noticing changes in ejaculatory force and volume.  Specifically, these have diminished greatly from pre-PAE.  It almost feels like the smooth muscle part of the ejaculation has forgotten how to do it, or is not quite coordinated.  We are not experiencing retrograde ejaculation, but more of a weak force that ends up more like oozing than ejaculating.   We have Wonderful improvements in urine stream, emptying, etc, but surprised about this new change and hoping it is temporary.   We would love to hear from anyone else experiencing this and whether it will improve or not.

Thanking you for your help

Kind

Regards

Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.