Driving issue

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have not been able to drive because when i do it seems like i am going to turn over in the car. i had my ears retested and was told they are ok. Vertigo has been ruled out. prescribed anxiety tablets but that did not help. This is so weird! Any suggestions? .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i really do not know how to categorize my issue. i do not feel dizzy when I drive. i feel a little anxious when i am driving even down a straight road.

• Posted

Do you have an ear and balance center near you? I went thru it for years never knew i had that center in town. They did all kinds of tests even had a brain angiogram they finally figured out i had meniers desease. Put me on klonopin and i get a steroid shot in my ear drum twice a year i am finally good.

• Posted

The first time I got vertigo I was driving , it became a nightmare and I was taken to the ER , after 3 more events and tests they told me Meniere disease vertigo ,

Eventually I learned how to manage it without meds , keep symptoms to a minimum until it passes

• Posted

vertigo has been ruled out. i spoke to someone last night who experiences the exact t same thing i am going through. her physician prescribed a medication that is working. for that person. i will share this feedback with my primary physician.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.