Driving me crazy

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi it's been a crazy 5 weeks for me as out of nowhere I woke up with food feeling as if its backing up into my lower throat .

I had two barium swallow tests in the last few weeks and both tests showed no reflux no narrowing no inflammation absolutely nothing other then a birth defect that I've had forever that wouldmt cause me symptoms.

my symptoms are

1 . while I'm eating food feels as if its sticking in my lower throat and upper throat , water seems to push it down .

2 . A lump tight feeling in the area at lower throat were food feels its sticking.

3 . occasionally when I burp stright after eating some food comes into my throat .

Theses are my only symptoms I have no heartburn , no acid taste in mouth or throat , no excessive burping .

Doctor said he doesnt know he said could be from my regular us off NSAIDs I use for migraines or could be my anxiety as I suffer from OCD and panic disorder.

Please help does this sound gerd or reflux even though I haven't got the typical symptoms of gerd / reflux ?

any similar stories and what were you diagnosed with ?

Yes I have bad anxiety but why wouldn't I when I'm having these symptoms it's so uncomfortable and I'm hoping it goes away bit it's been 5 weeks and still here , though has gotten alot better then the first week it started ...

Thanks for any help or advice , stories

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sounds like GERD especially with the reflux. ask your doctor to arrange an endescopy and that should give you more information. gerd is a fairly common cause of your symptoms especially reflux. im on PPIs for my symptoms and hopefully the endescopy will put your mind at ease

• Posted

hi Joseph

Will gerd cause reflux while I'm actually eating still ?

It feels like it goes down but is coming straight back up again within seconds off swallowing the mouthful of food ?

• Posted

i tend to get reflux when im not long into my meal but i would say endescopy will show you could have LES. its just another description of the muscle that divides your oesaphagus from your stomach which opens and closes when eating. alas my problem is when i swallow my food into my stomach my LES stays open and therefore regurgitates back up my orsaphagus and my mouth. its a common enough problem but i

can be very embarrassing when out eating as it takes me over an hour to finish my meal. it sounds like what your problem could be

• Posted

my reflux starts when im almost halfway through my meal having to pause in between bites due to reflux

• Posted

Having same problem and also raw and burning like feeling in right side of throat no pain.OGD scopy showed normal study..suffering with this about 2 months..really fed up with this odd feeling..me also little bit anxious type person...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.