Driving myself crazy!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello everyone. First, I've found a lot of the posts here very helpful. Thankful for those of you who have shared your stories. So within the last few months my bilirubin count has been rising. My first test showed the count at 2.4. I went back last week because my eyes had a yellow tinge to them. At that point, my count was at 3.1. The doctor still believes this is Gilbert's, but wants me to see a GI now because I'm experiencing some pain below my right run, and nausea after eating. Needless to say, I'M FREAKING OUT!! I have four kids and I'm thinking they're going to be fatherless by the end of the year. The doctors seem completely clueless to my questions and just seem to write this off as it's no big deal. To me and my health anxiety/panic, it's a huge deal. All of my other liver functions are said to be normal. My blood work is great and all my other functions are good. The only thing is the elevated bilirubin, the jaundice (which has subsided), and the pain with nausea. I'm 38 years old and I'm convinced this is the end. I'm already planning my liver transplant. I've stressed so much, I'm down 30lbs. I know it's kind of funny, but I'm truly losing my head. Anyone experience these things and should I be concerned?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

What's driving me crazy is that no one in this thread posted something useful for you. You just need vitamins and metals blood analysis (all of them). Dont care about some "ways of your life" just take supplements. Main goal is to sustain copper levels slightly higher than the middle of a reference range. Make sure to take magnesium if you drink a lot of water. Vitamins B will help with stress and energy (mainly B12 and B9). Vitamin D will give you good mood, but only after copper and magnesium. And never visit a doctor - it is just waste of your time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.