Drop in Ferritin level

Posted , 3 users are following.

My ferritin level went down from 66ug/L in 2016 to 36ug/L at my last test a couple of weeks ago but my gp just marked it as normal no action, so I have started my own supplement with Cytoplan Wholefood Iron which causes none of the side effects of other iron supplements and am already starting to feel the benefit.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, my ferritin level got down to 37 and my GP put me ferrous fumarate which played havoc with my guts, after 3 to 4 weeks it raised my ferritin to 39, pretty useless, so I bought an iron supplement, bisglycinate gentle iron, took a couple of 20 mg capsules a day no side effects at all, and ferritin level went up to 138 in 8 weeks.

• Posted

Hi again, forgot to say to take vitamin C at the same time as the iron, it absorbs much better, I mixed the contents of the capsules in a vitamin C drink, seemed to work well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.