Dropped 155 Pounds On Left Lower Quad

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, so last week on Tuesday I was at my weightlifting practice and I had an accident where I dropped around 155 pounds on my left knee. It instantly swell up above my knee and became some what red. After that through out the week I stayed walking on it and using it without concern. I get burning pains that sometimes last long but most of the time its short. When I bend it back I get the same burning and cramping pain. Also throughout the week i have been getting bruises everywhere on my quad and side of knee for some reason. And I have a spot from the side of my knee to the mid of my lower quad is completely numb and I cant feel it. What i think i have is a Hematoma and some kind of nerve damage but its weird because I am numb in places where the weight didn't hit so I am confused. Also I am wondering if i could have tore something like a tendon of something? I have been icing it constantly 20 min on 20 min off and putting Aspercreme on it as well. What should I do from this point on?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It will all depend on whether you can see your GP or not.

a 155 is like a person falling on your leg and sounds like its caused some soft tissue damage, why didnt you go A&E to get x-ray

Go and get it looked at because walking on it could be causing more damage.

Let us know what you find out, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.