Dropped to 7.5 from 10

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dropped 12 days ago from 10 to 7.5. Feeling horrible from withdrawals. Couldn't handle 10 as one of the side effects was frequent urination. Eventually going to 5 after I settle out at 7.5. Anyone else drop to 7.5 and go through withdrawals? How long did they last? Anyone go to 5? How long did it take for you to stabilize?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So eventually you want to be free of this Medication?
    • Posted

I'll probably have to stay at 5m as I don't want to go through the horrendous side effects of going completely off of it. I wish I'd never started it. I have to try to get to 5mg so the frequent urination will be less. I'm feeling horrible, have no one to come help me today. It would be nice to be free of this drug, but I don't know that's possible. My body is already in a weakened state after fighting the interstitial cystitis for months.

• Posted

How long have you been on citalopram? I'm currently trying to come off

• Posted

I went from 20 to 10 to 0 giving it a month in between each drop

With no withdrawals.i was on cit for a year and s half 

• Posted

I was on cit for 9 yrs, went from 40 down to 10 with time in between, never had any withdrawls. I just started back on 8 wks ago on 10. This time just going down from 10 to 7.5 I'm experiencing withdrawals. My body is having s hard time adjusting. Just hope it does soon. Feeling more anxiety today too, lorazapam not taking care of it. Don't feel very well.

• Posted

I'm trying to stabilise now, can you get liquid drops to do it slower? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.