Drops

Posted , 9 users are following.

When I put my drops in, half of the time some of the drops either run out of the outer or inner corner of my eye. What am I doing wrong? This has been an ongoing problem. My doctor says as long as it touches my eye, it is fine. Bit it still concerns me. Any advise on how to keep the full drop in my eye?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I was told to put my middle finger over the inner corner of my eye after putting drop in with eyes closed obviously. Hold that pressure on for at least 10 seconds per drop. You could always use your thumb on the outer part of eye at the same time to ensure no leaks occur. You may have already tried this but it worked for me. Hope this helps
    • Posted

I apply pressure on the inner corner, but I will try the thumb on the outer corner. Thank you for the tip!!
  • Posted

It is unavoidable even for doctors as some bottles are made that way. Simply dry with a clean tissue.
  • Posted

Do not appy any product on  your eyes without doctor consultancy.
  • Posted

I have to do eye drops for the glaucoma and dry eye. If a little drips out it should be ok, always happens, just make sure you pull your lower part down a little, and if you feel you're missing completely, which I have, do it again. After doing both eyes, tilt your head back and press your pointer fingers close to the eye duct on the bridge of the nose, they say that makes sure some goes where it's supposed to, instead of your sinuses. But some always runs down my face. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.