Drowning

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi so I have recently posted about how down I feel all the time and how angry I'm getting I've got OCD and every now and then when it starts to get just a bit too much I get this tight pain in my chest I can't breath and it feels like I'm drowning I go dizzy with it and not sure what it is isn't want to go to the doctors as they want to put me on happy pills and I don't know how I feel about that. Help please please please help me 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Look into the difference between beta blockers and 'happy pills' beta blockers will calm down your physical reactions. Tight muscles, tachycardia, breathlessness etc.

You should probably tell your doctor exactly how you feel and ask them to explain it to you.

Also learn breathing techniques yoga mindfulness etc

• Posted

Hi I know how ur feeling and believe me I struggle with those physical symptoms almost daily. But I agree seeing a doctor is just the first step but u have to be completely honest with them. Happy pills as u say don't work like that they help to correct chemical imbalance in the brain to help relieve some of the emotional and physical symptoms
    • Posted

It's good to know it's not just me and I'm not on my own I've spoke to my doctor today and it went very heated when I expressed I really didn't want tablets they just kept giving me more and more information anyway long story short lenses up having one of the attacks whilst doc was taking to me and I passed out and they are now looking into it further as he doesn't think it's all anxiety but more how my body processes and uses oxygen xx
  • Posted

First of all,Stop worrying about this..

Don't worry catherine,we all are here to listen to you, give you the solutions

Frstly,just start getting up early.

hav a nice walk daily.

Drink coffee..It boosts ourselves too!

U'll automatically get into the track.

• Posted

Thanks to everyone it's good to know there are people that will listen with ought making me panic more xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.