Drs saying im to young.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I would appreciate any replies. I am 37 in a week. I have been suffering with terrible hot flushes and night sweats since having my daughter who is now almost 4. Over the last few years my periods have gotten further and further apart. Im still waiting to have one after my last one which was 70 days ago. Im so fed up of the sore breasts and feeling like im going to have one but it never comes. Im not sleeping well either! Ive tried several antidepressants due to anxiety. I just never feel right and these hot flushes make me feel awful! I ache all the time.... Just dont know whats wrong with me. The drs are saying to me that im to young to be going through any change..... Feel like im going crazy!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear you suffering! Try Bendrly tablets, they are for allergies but they really helped me with hot sweats, take 1 each evening.

Why dont you try a find a well women clinic, you should have one

in your area, they are so helpful & supportive in what you can & cant have. My sister started HRT when she was 35. I think its wrong for a doctor to say 'your too young!'

Good luck Alison X

• Posted

Hi alison

im so sorry to hear how you are suffering but unfortunately u could be in the peri menopause.im 38 and havent had a period in 2yrs and i was gettin terrible night sweats and my mood was very low and i was suffering with anxiety attacks.i had my bloods done to check my hormone levels and my estrogen levels were very low so the doc told me i was in the menopause.i didnt take hrt at the beginning but i had to give in in the end and start it.im on a low dose hrt and i have to say it is making a difference.im not as i would say " back to myself" but it is helping a bit.you should maybe ask ur doc to either refer you to a gynea or ask him to check your hormone levels.

Being in the menopause at this age was something i would never have imagined and i know that feeling to well when you feel crazy..

If your own doc isnt helpful try another one or a womans clinic where they will help.

I wish you all the best xxx

• Posted

Hi Alison

this is how i have been feeling not being able to sleep feeling hot than cold then the nose bleeds 

I am tired from not sleeping 

• Posted

hi im  38 and going through the same thing except I still get my periods but they are shorter and heavier. 

I finally got a dr to agree to bloods fsh and LH BUT she neglected to tell me one should do these tests on the third day of your cycle to get accurate results. SEE they don't believe us firstly and we have to do this research on our own to give the tests their best shot at working.

fyi I totally believe you are in peri I really do. 

I think go to a health shop and they will give you a hormone balancing formula. I'd take that over hrt any day 

• Posted

My gp has agreed to the blood tests too. He hasnt mentioned getting them done on the 3Rd day of my cycle but u r absolutely right in what u r saying as I found that on the Internet when I was researching earlier. Did you have the tests done ellacraig?
    • Posted

Hi no sadly my cycle isn't due for at least a week but see how drs won't tell us that eh... I suspect they don't even know that info... That's why I prefer naturopath s but sadly hubby won't pay for me to see them anymore sad
    • Posted

I won't lie I'm tempted to do them anyway now and repeat them on the 3rd day. Did you read you need 3 tests to get an accurate result like repeat it three times... No wonder it's so hard to diagnose 
    • Posted

No I didnt realise they had to be done 3 times! I did have them checked about 5 months ago but my periods r just getting further apart. I havent had one for 70 days now....it worries me! I will go and get my bloods done when it finally comes! If it does! Are you also getting bad hot flushes during the day and night sweats? They make me feel awful!
    • Posted

Just the sweats at night but not always . It's more the anxiety and subsequent digestion issues killing me . Bigger it I think il do the test today to see what comes up...
    • Posted

Please let me know how u get on and what ur results come bck showing x
  • Posted

Thankyou to everybody that has replied to my post. I have been to my gp this evening and he thinks it wise to test my hormones, especially with not having a period for so long. He has put quite a few things on the blood form. Am I right in saying tho if one is perimenopausal that blood tests can be in normal ranges??
    • Posted

From what I have heard yes there's an element of inaccuracy in both blood and saliva. They reckon the biggest indicator is higher fsh levels. But diagnostics go by symptoms too and not necessarily labs. 

Ps no one our age should be missing periods so good your dr agreed to test you. Just make sure you get the tests done on the right days

• Posted

Hi Alison.

as promised I got my results...

dr has ignored them... Go figure!

so I sent them to a lady who treats women with natural hormone therapy.

she said the results did in fact indicate that my fsh was high trying to release an egg but my low LH stops it.. Il research more but if I trust anyone I trust her over dRs who poo poo over us dismissing our symptoms because of our age...

so for me I'd say I'm definitely in peri and I suspect your further along.

if it helps I was told to get the fsh and LH tests done day 3 but get estradiol and progesterone done seven days before your next period is due to start 

• Posted

Hi Ella.

Wow u got ur results fast....im guessing ur not in the UK!

So where r u going from here?

My trouble with getting bloods done is I dont know when im going to have a period! Still cant believe I havent had one! Im so anxious about it and thinking the worst!

• Posted

Im in NZ. YOu know i just went direct to the lab, you can get "self referred" bloods which you pay for, they are genearlly pretty cheap too. i can get estrogen and progesterone for $50 and i get the resulst the next day.

​I hear you though, for you it is harder not knowing when you will get it. But it seems like you are in meno, what are thinking is the worst?

​Id be more worried if i was bleeding inbetween periods etc and it could be something like a disease you know :s i know meno is aweful for our age but it could be worse sad

​i go nowhere from here really. theres no real definitive answer, but it all points toward early meno, the lady told me to take vitex to balance hormones and thats it. for you i think  a more agressive herbal routine, id keep away from hrt!

• Posted

I wont even get given the results, I will just get told that theyre Ok! I went and had them done his afternoon. I cant stand the hot flushes any longer and I really dont know when im going to have a period....ive never gone this long ever! I just want to know whats going on! Ive just been panicking about it being something serious but as u said I would prob have bleeding inbetween.

What is vitex? Im going to have to look into natural remedies to balance hormones

• Posted

Seriously I'd go see a herbalist, they will guide you in the right direction. Hrt may help but I prefer natural over synthetic. Google "black cohosh " and apparently essential oils help with hot flushes . But first and foremost I'd book in with a naturopath or herbalist.. Don't self diagnose like I do. But I'd be surprised if the tests came back normal without indicating a hormone inbalance. 

But yeh extra bleeding is more of a concern

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.