Drug combinations with venlafaxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was previously on Mirtazapine as well as venlafaxine but decided to come of mirt two weeks ago.  CPN not happy and has referred me for a drug review.  Is anyone on any anti depressant combinations other than Mirtazapine?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel

I am on both ven and mirt. I previously came off mirtazipine very slowly and was absolutely fine for about 10 weeks Around this mark I noticed I was back to crying, low mood and anxiety was high. I reinstated mirtazipine and felt well again in just a few days of restarting. I realised that I need both for the time being. Is there a reason you wanted to come off? Have you been on both AD's for a long period? Wishing you a speedy recovery ?

• Posted

I take even and mirtazapine too, like Lorraine. They work very well for me. Why do you want to quit taking mirt? Are you having unpleasant side effects? 
  • Posted

Thanks Lorraine and Phyllis I have violent thoughts towards myself and just decided to stop taking following nearly not making it home safe after a night shift as decided it was the mirt making me mad and poisoning me. After nearly two weeks without it I just think it's me that's mad! And I should probably stop trying to push blame for this illness onto anything and everything other than the real problem of me.

• Posted

Rachel it is NOT you. It's the dibiliatating illness called depression. It messes with your mind and affects your thinking. I had psychosis wih my depression and my thoughts were irrational although I thought they made perfect sense. Please go to your scheduled drug review and accept the help you are offered. Keep in touch here as well because we all understand. Take care. 

• Posted

Hi Rachel, Phyllis

Phyllis is spot on with her views. Please remember when unwell we may not always do what is best for us. Please reinstate your mirtazipine (even if its a crumb 1/4 tab whilst waiting for your meds review). hopefully you will start feeling better. When is your next meds review?

Please stay positive everything has a time frame and you will not always feel unwell. Phyllis has given you solid advice so remember

accept the help and before you know it you will begin to feel better. Wishing you well ♥♥♥

• Posted

Bless you both for your kind words. Just back from med review and options were ven & mirt or weird combination of anti depressants and anti psychotic - I know I'm plummeting now and chose to go back on mirtazapine again. Feel a bit better now but a failure for not sticking to my plan. psych dr was kind and seeing cpn on Monday and much to my relief the dreaded crisis team wasn't even mentioned. Thank you for your support and you give me hope that I can get better. X

• Posted

I'm so glad you had a positive experience with the psych doctor and you are already feeling a bit better. It is often hardest for us to seek help when we need it the most. Keep in touch and take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.