Drug resistant depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

anyone any help here, tried many but my body wont tolerate them or they dont work. anxiety being dealt with diazepam by dr.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Ann:

Dont give up. There must be a medication that suits you. I tried many until I found mine. Do you take diazapam daily to treat your anxiety? because i do and it is my life saver. i am hooked and addicted to it. so you have to be careful.

• Posted

yes that is where i find myself now. no anti dep and psych wont try any more, and left on diaz. not ideal but does deal with anxiety. hooked now, what dose are you on and do you see a way of lowering? Do you have alternating times of low mood, then another day high anxiety?

• Posted

i am on 17.5 mg daily . the way to lower it is to taper off slowly. I guess I am like you. I do have low mood then another day high anxiety . Is just killing me.

• Posted

Have you tried Biquelle (QUIETIPINE)? It's usually used for bi-polar but my GP prescribed it for my depression as I couldn't tolerate any of the SSRI's. It has helped me. I have the slow release tablets as the normal ones made me really drowsy.

• Posted

If you are just getting to the point of feeling you have tried everything, and you really have according to your doctor, I would suggest looking into Biofeedback and having your therapist and your doctor communicate to find a combination of the two to help. You may start to feel a difference after around fifteen appointments and could feel helped in around forty appointments. When I started it I was told it helps around seventy percent of people.

If you are an adult, have tried multiple medications and treatments, and have been diagnosed with Treatment-Resistant Depression, I suggest you look into this:

I started taking Spravato yesterday and thought I would see if there were any people online wondering about it and ran into your post. I have been dealing with severe anxiety, severe depression, and persistant depressive disorder for around fifteen years and none have been helped with medication. Spravato was recently finished in trials, from my understanding, and so doctors are not sure about it's long term effects. After Spravato wore off yesterday I could immediately tell a difference. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't fix everything in one session. I guess it has a good chance of becoming even better over time, from what is known about the medication so far. It is less than twenty-four hours later and I can feel the depression setting back in. The best part was probably finished only an hour after the medication wore off. If you also have persistent depression, and have tried enough medications that didn't help, I would talk to your doctor about this medication. It is not a medication you bring home and take on your own though. You have to take it at the doctor's office while being supervised and have to wait for two hours before you're released and you can't drive for twenty-four hours afterward. For the first four weeks it has to be done twice a week. It is not an easy treatment to go through from what I experienced. From my understanding, it's a Ketamine medication that you take 84mg of in three separate doses. I only took two doses yesterday and it still wasn't easy. I had a difficult time saying two doses was enough from how sedated I was. Maybe that changes over time as you become more comfortable with it. One draw back is I can certainly tell why it is considered addicting, even from taking it only once. Also, it is not a cheap process. They're are ways out there to find help though. Overall, this medication is not for everyone and is not easy to do, but might be something to seriously consider.

• Posted

thank you, you do sound like me. i think yoummightnbe in usa? I would love to ask for this in uk but dont think its approved here, am i right?

• Posted

Yes, I'm in the USA. From what I read it sounds like the UK will make the decision to approve it or not in November. I did also read next year too so I'm not sure. The process for me to get started took 2-3 months. That includes finding someone who is approved to work with that medication and get approved through them to be prescribed it. It sounded as though you might have to go through more medications and higher doses before they will let you do it so it depends on what you've taken and how much. You should also look into the Biofeedback while you're waiting because that might help and it's not harsh on your mind like Spavato. Saturday I went into a really bad depression for about an hour and gradually came out of it in the next two to three hours.

• Posted

hi ann, it's not that i don't do well with antibiotics i never, ever want to try them again. i was given them at 17 when my granddad died and then LEFT on them with no clue how to get off them. i felt more depressed on them. so when i dreadful depression due to ill health last year, i agreed to st john's wort and counsellng. mental is treated like an exercise to fill people who have it with pills it is also a way to put £ in to pharmaseutical companies pockets. i wish you luck. walk, run, go to the gym, see friends, go out ANYTHING but pills! i won't take any, i wouldn't even take the st john's wort!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.