drunk-like feeling for 1 month, sinus problem or ear problem?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I am currently having that "drunk-like" feeling and it has been constant since 1 month. Like i feel there is wrong about my perception of reality through my eyes. I went to the doctor (ENT) and he checked my ears and saw that both eardrums were dull, and he prescribed me with penicillin antibiotics for 1 week with anti-allergy medication. After a week, still the same feeling but my eardrums were clear already. Then, he checked my nose and found out that both sides are congested and prescribed me with nasal spray.

do you think that these would be helpful in treating my "drunk-like" feeling? I cannot concentrate in my work and I don't like it. Please help me with this, if you have any thoughts about my concerns, please let me know. Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had this for years. Its awful. I had MRIs, ear nose and throat tests etc.. Turns out it was something call Vestibular Migraines. These are migraines that do not give me any major head pain, they do however give me awful brain fog and dizzy spells, or the drunk feeling. At its worse my nose clamps up and I get virtigo flashes.

The cause, for me, is food based allergies. I'm allergic to everything, lol. Sugar, dairy, meats and fruits. If I keep my diet clean, the dizziness goes. I can eat one chocolate and it comes back. You can get stuff to help..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.