Dry burning vaginal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. My periods have officially gone wacky. I'll have a couple of 24 day cycles and then I'll have a 19 day cycle. This last one was 19 days and right after my period ended I suddenly got major vaginal dryness. but it also burned. Is this normal? Thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I can't speak for vaginal dryness but have wacky periods...they went from every fortnight to dragging back out to every 25 days now back to every three weeks...they were only going for three days now they are back to five days....so over it.

• Posted

Sounds "normal" to me. I've had itching/burning. Not so much dry there as other places. I'm post menopausal though, and it has gotten much better. Peri was hell! My periods were like that too. Two years of awful periods.

• Posted

Dear Laura

Im four years post meno and i get the odd drymess down there and occasionally the burning too but it comes and goes but only mild burning but i am aware of it when it happens!

• Posted

I still get regular periods but I have the burning from time to time. It isn't severe enough to seek treatment but just annoying. I find that if I put anything on it things worsen so just best to leave it alone and wait. It seems to happen about every 3-4 months for me. Usually after the period- think it might be aggravation from pads/tampons? But definitely hormonal too. So annoying. Never had any issues down there until my 40s! Peri does suck. I hope this is normal b/c I don't know what else it could be.

• Posted

Thank you for your responses. I have and appointment with my doctor next month. Got this question plus more for her. Ugh!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.