Dry Cough - COVERSYL - 2 mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on this drug for six months and despite two lots of anti-biotics and a ventolin inhaler (you might be suffering from asthma) I still have a dry cough which occurs spasmidically, but as regular as clockwork - when I lie down to sleep at night. I was prescribed steroids, which improved matters - but only while I was taking them. I've tried Co-op bronchial mixture - to no avail. I have complained to four different doctors - the last suggested that Corvisal could be the problem.

Following the coughing-up of a whole mouthful mucous (slight smell/taste) I decided to call it a day and stop taking them - it's been a week now and I feel much better - I can sleep again. I report to my GP tomorrow - yet another one!! to report my actions. (Are these drugs cheap!!!!)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello there, I found your experience very interesting, I've been taking Coversyl for 6 weeks now I went from 2mg to 4mg after a month, the cough gets no better, I feel desperate for a good nights sleep. I do have another problem that is a newly arrived lump on my tonsils which I was told this week will be operated on within 2 weeks, well I can't see them operating on someone with a cough like mine so I'm back to the docs in the morning to see about coming off these tablets. I was heartened to hear you had coughed up muceous because my doctor said if it was the tablets you wouldn't have catarrh or anything and now I'm on antibiotics and they're not doing any good at all. Thanks for writing about your experiece I'll keep you posted.
  • Posted

I was interested to read about Jenny's lump on tonsils. I have been taking coversyl - 8 mg for the past few months and was recently diagnosed with a small tumour in the bladder which I have had removed. Has anybody else suffered small lumps/tumours after being prescribed coversyl?
  • Posted

I too have been on Perindopril for over a year, thankfully it has lowered my blood pressure considerably but the downside is still the cough with mouthfuls  of mucous too. I was also prescribed anti-biotics and steroids, which worked whilst taking them. Dr tried changing my tabs to Candesartan as less likely to cause coughing with this drug.  Unfortunately no help at all feel dizzy and sick, which is no good.  So back to Drs again.  Tempted to come off the medication completely but then how long before blood pressure creeps up again.  Is there no blood pressure medication that doesnt have any side effects!!!
  • Posted

I have been on this pill for 6 months now. this cough is nuts i cant sleep and I have a hard time to do my job. I am an educator and train on a daily basis.

I have tried puffers and like most say they help a bit. But I can not take it any more. I have a dr. appointment next week I am asking him to change this pill. any sugestions??

• Posted

Hi,

This message is for anyone on ACE inhibitors. If you have Asthma or a breathing issue you should not be on ACE inhibitors.  The cough is a build up in the lungs which your body is trying to get rid of. Please go online and read up about ACE inhibitors and Asthma. I did and went straight back to my GP with the info and asked for a different BP medication. I am on Losarton with no sided effects. I have tried 4 or 5 before finding one that I don't get side effects from. Please don't put up with horrid side effects keep going back to your GP until you are satisfied.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.