Dry cracked foreskin

Posted , 9 users are following.

For about a month now, my foreskin has been really dry and sometimes the skin cracks a bit. Thankfully it's usually not noticeable when I'm soft, but any time I get an erection it starts to stretch the skin and stings like crazy, so obviously masturbating is generally not even worth attempting. It all comes and goes seemingly at random, doesn't seem to sync at all with showering or changing underwear. And I can go 4 or 5 days with no issues and all the sudden it comes back. Any ideas? Also I don't know how to attach an image..

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

well here's a pic

and I realized I have no sense of time, it's really been more like 3 months. 

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

• Posted

You need to be on a PC or laptop with a large window to add pictures.  If you are, then you should see some extra icons towards the top right of where you type, and the right hand icon (which I think is supposed to look like the sun over hills) will add images.

The pic I've attached here shows the icons: 

• Posted

Ok, pic here. I'll add that there isn't any odd smell, nor anything weird under the foreskin, it's only the outside.

• Posted

That pic isn't in focus, but it looks unusual.  Some questions: How old are you, are you diabetic, and are on you on any antibiotics or other medications?

I'd try moisturising cream for now, but if you've had it for that long, and it isn't clearing up, I'd consider seeing a doctor.

You could also try Canesten cream or Daktarin cream.  Loose fitting cotton underwear may help, and some sites recommend washing underwear with non-biological washing powder or liquid.

• Posted

sorry, here's a bit clearer. a little less red than earlier, but that's kinda how it goes everyday off and on. I'm 29, no medications, no diabetes.

• Posted

I've had that now and then. I use moisturising cream once a day and it gradually allows the foreskin to stretch more easily. Once it moves freely, keep the foreskin moving. Masturbating every two or three days, with periods of rest will probably help.

• Posted

That looks worse than I thought, and I think you should see a doctor.  The problem is that it looks like something that could get progressively worse, and you might up needing a circumcision.

You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

• Posted

I have a similar condition and have type 2 diabetes. What can I do aside from changing my diet and taking better care of myself? This has been going on for months and my physician only recommends me to take ointment treatment sadly.

• Posted

make sure is not a cream or ointment with steroids as this will thin up your skin and continue to crack bad

• Posted

super late reply here but I had a couple messages asking me if I got this figured out.

It turns out I am 99% sure it was mold on a toilet seat that I was having a reaction to. The place I was living at the time, when I first moved in, there was like a fine layer of mold all around the toilet seat as it hadn't been used in years. I thought I had cleaned it well but apparently not. It was a small seat so most of the time the tip of my penis bumped the walls as i was sitting. I only figured it out after I moved out, as the rash and everything went away, but when I stayed over there again for a night last summer, it happened again for a couple days. So oddly enough about the only advice I can give is to try giving your toilet a GOOD scrub.

• Posted

I have also dry cracked foreskin problem from long time what i have to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.