Dry Eye Versus Blepharitis, What is the Difference?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please help me with this question, - PLEASE?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think a person can have dry eye without having blepharitis, but nearly everyone with blepharitis will have dry eye. Blepharitis is an inflammation of the eyelash area which blocks the normal glands in the eyelids that secrete an oily substance that helps retain moisture on our eyeballs. Sometimes my eyelids will swell and get red and crusty, and then my dry eye is pretty intense. When I'm not having a blepharitis flare-up, my dry eye is minimal.

• Posted

Darlene,, thanks so much for your comment.😊 I think I am going mad. This is awful.

• Posted

You're welcome. Hope you find that one of the home remedies discussed in this forum will help you. Wet Ones wipes are what helped me most, but everyone is different. Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.