dry eyes

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just had my eyes examined and new glasses picked out and ordered. I used eye artifial tears, but my eyes are atill very dry. Not only that but my forehead throbs. Surley it's is just sinuses . Surely it's more than that.

Could be the start of a sty? You would think, in any case, that artifical tears from a doctor should be enough wouln't you think?

To the moderator, I got your email. I have alot of health issues and I hope you don't think that I am making all my discussions up. I do see what is meant by a discussion within a disscussion, However, can i ever change one of my discissions to go in a different direction and espeially when I want to reply to the whole group and not just one person?.[whdae

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

My husband has dry eyes too. I buy him syntax with moisture. The eye doctor he sees says that is a good brand to use. When I have a sinus infection my head throbs too. I think a sty is mainly is about your eyes but I could be wrong. I hope you are feeling better.

• Posted

david...I had dry eye after cataract operation and at the eye clinic was given HYLO tear...preservative free and long lasting eye drops.

Not all eyedrops are equal some are better than others.

You may also be suffering from blepharitis as it can cause dry eye because the glands on the eye lids that lubricates the eyes are not functioning adequately.

I have been diagnosed with a mild case so have no obvious outward signs but one eye does feel drier than the other.

Your headache could be a tension headache due to your discomfort with dry eyes.

• Posted

before you try anything i suggest or anyone else ask your doctor.  it could be medication you are taking.  my eyes are just the opposite i have blinding watery eyes.  my niece has eyes like yours.  they sell by the eye drops in the drug store  a sab for eye(like vaseline but for eyes) try using that but only a night because you won't be able to see.  it has helped her a lot, that and restaisis .
    • Posted

I wiill talk to the doctor first.I tried puting REFRESH tears in my eyes again, but this time I laid down ans put ALOT in them. It helped too. I will tell the doc that it getting worse allright. Maybe she will have an answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.