dry eyes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have sjpgrens and rheumatoid arthritis .I was wondering if anyone suffers with the dry eyes all the time and blurred vision even using my artifial tear dros and night time lubricant my eys are still blury alll the time

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Could be that the night-time lubricant isn't helping. I only use drops myself but I know some people on here have said that these lubricant gels cause problems. I'm sure someone will soon chip in on this one.
    • Posted

Hi Lily I was thinking that myself about the night time lubricant x
  • Posted

Hi, I use lacrilube at night and hypromellose during the day. I have blurry eyes at night - it has worn off by morning.

It is worth getting your eyes checked by an optician/optometrist.

There is an eye condition called macular degeneration - it has two variants known as 'wet' and 'dry'. With wet macular degeneration there is a treatment that needs to be started promptly.

According to the leaflet I was given when I was prescribed Hydroxychloroquine it can cause damage to the macular.

Use an amsler grid daily to check your eyesight.

• Posted

However the most likely reason for blurred vision is thst you need spectacles or a change of prescription.
    • Posted

HI Barbara

​I have been to the eye hospital and my own optiician .they gave my eyes a good testing even had the camera done to look at the back of my eys and they told me it was dry eye .I have just got new specs as well . I was told by my rheumatologist it was all down to my rheumatoid and Sojgrens . thanks for your info Barbara it is much appreciatd x

• Posted

Oh good. I'm glad you've had it checked and all is ok. Do you know you can use the drops as often as you like?
    • Posted

Oh I wasnt aware of that I didnt want to overdo it with the drops thats good to know thanks Barbara x
    • Posted

It's worth checking with your pharmacist though in case your drops are different. What does the patient informstion leaflet say?
    • Posted

My PIL says 4x day. It was years before a doctor told me that was only a guideline and to use them as much as I needed.
  • Posted

I am on calmize drops which state 2-3 times daily. But was then advised by the doctor to use as often as I wanted to and this seemed to settle down my dry eyes hope this helps Mandy

P.S I used then every 30 minutes when my eyes were really bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.