dry eyes

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies just wondering if any of you have any solutions for this. I'm waking up most mornings and look as if I haven't slept and thats having used eye drops. Iv resorted to buying the actimist by optrex at £15 but I still look as if I've been on the drink all night!! My already wrinkled puffy face has got worse and it's making me feel very self concious!! Xx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi i use systane balance expensive but good my eyes feel awfull like i need to wash them i get headaches at the same time i hate menapause
  • Posted

Hi Tina,

I've also had episodes of dry eyes recently. Last year I had to use eye drops for over 1 week. Sometimes I feel like my left eye is a bit sticky when i wake up in the morning but it seem to go away soon after waking up.

• Posted

Thanks for ur reply ladies. I know it's a curse I'm def coming back as a man!! Think il go to doc b4 I spend anymore money😢😢 just seems endless. Trying to avoid hrt but costing a fortune!! Xx
  • Posted

I sleep in a lazy boy reclined all the way back. When I'm bleeding it doesn't wake me up as it does when I'm laying flat in a bed.
  • Posted

Yes!  I just thought that very same thing this morning.  My eyes are all puffy and at first I thought it was leftover mascara but it wasn't.  Seem to be dark circles under there and I got like 9.5 hours sleep last night, which is unheard o.  I'm 44 and feel like I haved aged so much since this craziness started. 
  • Posted

Hi Tina , I've had very similar problems the past month .. Spent a fortune on different eye drops. Nothing worked all coinciding with migraines and hot flushes at night . Apart from ibuprofen for the migraines I've stopped the eye drops as they weren't helping much. I've also been given some hormone herbal medicine to help with the flushes from my herbalist . I already take a mix called Vitex which up to now has helped with every other weird symptom my body has thrown at me. She also recommend I take fish oil and magnesium. Might be worth you checking out some suplements as I've found they have worked up to now for me. Maybe the cold air at the moment is also agrevating the eyes and a bit of Spring warmth will Iilleviate the problem . It most certainly is a challenging time 😱
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. Il maybe head to the nearest Holland and barrett and see what they have on offer ☺☺
  • Posted

My eyes have looking bloodshot recently in the mornings, and puffy - yes, its as if Ive had a really heavy night!  I dont even drink now - so whats going on? God knows what I'd look like if I did

I use eye drops, and also just rinse my eyes and around them with cold water and after a few minutes they start to improve.

• Posted

Thanks for replying... It's just awful what us ladies have to go through!! I'm trying to think positive N's thinking I could be worse bur at times its really difficult! ! Again it depends what mood am in that day😣😡😕😢😭 xx
  • Posted

I have dry eyes and they sting sometimes too. It's as if they're tired, but my mind isn't. I get the pinky whites as well, like I've got a hangover but barring a few special occasions, (Christmas and maybe a party a year), I don't drink.

I've just the eye drops in the past that you spray on closed eyes but not tried them on my eyes for a few years now. I might give it a go and see if it helps. 

• Posted

That's the ones I'm now using but to be truthful I don't think theyr that gr8 well not £15 worth!! Onwards and upwards I supose just need to keep going😕😕☺
  • Posted

I too suffer with dry eyes, been very bad recently, going out in the cold is almost unbearable as my eyes just stream.

i went to my GP as needed to discuss my HRT (just completed first three month on it)!and mentioned my dry eyes. She prescribed clinitas eye gel, said its the one the opthalmists recommend. Must say it is helping, but I've discovered it's cheaper to buy, rather than pay prescription charge! I got a three pack from Amazon for £7.89

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.