Dry Flaky Skin in the Ear

Posted , 7 users are following.

I keep getting dry and flaky skin in both ears, sometimes it gets very sore too.  I have been prescribed Hydocortisone cream to apply, but that says to use only for seven days at a time.

Unfortunately, it just keeps coming back.  Is there anything else I can try?

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Stay away from all steroid creams they won't do a thing for you! Try a better diet, it'll take about 4 to 6 weeks to clear up. Stay away from processed foods, eat more fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and take vitamin supplements, especially the ones containing biotin.

Good luck!

• Posted

Look at PALEO Diet ,I have your condition bad ,head and ears . Stroud cream as you used was my enemy . Big mistake using it . There's a new shampoo and cream out ,just orderered it today as a free sample . 

All prossesed food gone ,bread ,and milk gone ,I had a private blood test done to find out my allergies . Will pm you couple books that will be good to read up on ADAM . I suffer from Sinisitis/ Rhinitis also . All linked in . 

• Posted

I had a similar thing linked with my seb dermatitis, I use Nizoral shampoo one day & Selsun the next. I lather my hair, face & ears leave it on for 5 mins & wash it off.

I stopped all steroids because they are a short term fix but seem to make the condition more stubborn long term. I also wash every night with warm water & a handful of Dead Sea salts then moisturise with Aveeno cooling moisturiser.

10 months on & it has worked for me after over 20 years of problems.

I also take a probiotic every day alternating makes every few weeks & 2000iu's of vit d supliments as recommended by a dermatologist.

Good Luck

• Posted

Nizoral steroid and tablet will do the trick. Also personal hygiene matters

• Posted

I have the same problem and at the moment it is really bad. Have you found anything to help? Nothing that has been prescribed has worked for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.