Dry heaving

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on medication for my acid reflux now and sometimes when i eat something i get what feels like i have to burp but i cant and i start dry heaving, today I ate four pieces of Carmel and within ten minutes or so i started feeling like wind trapped in my stomach and for a half hour or so i was dry heaving, what can be causing this to happen

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Has your doctor checked your gallbladder. Or possible ulcer can cause bad nausea and dry heaves. Need more info of what your doctors are testing for. And how long have you been on reflux meds. Also what are the side affects of your medicine.

• Posted

so far i have been diagnosed as lactose intolerant but even dairy free foods cause problems

• Posted

If youre taking PPI they can take away all your normal acids that need to be in your stomach for breaking down foods . A lot of patients on PPI medications are having difficulties with this issue . Instead try a more natural remedy without causing harm to you gut , Ginger tea or Raw Apple Vinegar Cider heals as it helps . If you try this ,leave an update on how it worked for you as it has many , so it can help others as well

• Posted

Can acidic things like ginger and apple cider vinegar really help reflux? I would have thought this causes more acid and burning. I always thought acidic foods was bad for reflux and alkaline foods such as milk was more soothing. I have to avoid anything acidic like ginger and raw vinegar. I do much better on OTC antacids or milk which was my grandad's remedy which cured his ulcer. He was a GP. Some people say that science disproves the efficacy of milk and even suggests that it increases acid. For me and my dad, it decreases acid. Everyone is different though.

• Posted

Citrus isnt good for acid and reflux . Milk if not lactose intolerant is a great remedy for ulcers and reflux as well due to its bios from a cows stomach lining . It may sound gross but Gid didnt create all things for no reason ! Everything has a purpose

• Posted

im able to drink ginger ale without any problems and sometimes it even helps my stomach, i have been diagnosed as lactose intolerant and dairy products make my stomach worse

• Posted

You're right there! For some strange reason I can take citrus without getting heartburn. It's really fatty foods and spices that trigger symptoms.

• Posted

Maybe try lactose free products . You could also try digestive enzymes to help your stomach to break down the lactose.

• Posted

Sounds like it was caused by the Carmel you ate; try avoiding or reducing the amount you ate. Try asking your doctor for an anti gas medication. Avoid gassy drinks and foods such as Brussels Sprouts, cabbage and spinach. Chew your food well, eat little but often and don't eat late at night. Take your time when eating.

• Posted

i had four small pieces of carmel and caused problems, i also get the same symptoms if i eat a miniature candy bar so i have even stopped eating candy bars

• Posted

You being lactose intolerant ,it is understandable why candy bars hurt your stomach . Candy bars have milk in them ,hence the word " milk chocolate " . I wasnt talking about ginger ale . Im talking about Ginger root tea . It is a natural healer to your gut system .

• Posted

Also a good remedy us warm water with a table spoon of raw honey . Its a treasure chest full of nutrients and antibodies for your whole gut system

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.