dry masturbation: is that skin irritation or balanitis or lichen planus

Posted , 7 users are following.

I never had sex

Circumcised Penis

i have been doing dry masturbation for 3 years i didn't know you have to use lubrication to masturbate ....

2 weeks ago i noticed the glans of the penis has 3 patches that peeling of the skin

as can seen in the photos

so is that a skin irritation or lichen planus or balanitis  or psoriasis ....

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Seems unlikely if you have not used lube for 3 years without incident that it should now be the result of masturbation. Maybe it's some kind of fungal infection? I would try some anti-fungal cream to see if it improves the skin on your glans.

• Posted

Hello!

?Perhaps is the skin a little dry? Since you don't have any foreskin to cover your glans that would keep it more moist, and your glans is also exposed to water and soap each time that you take a shower and also rubbs against your underwear, and then getting even drier when you're masturbating, it's likely that you get some problems unless you try to add some moisturizing cream. To me it doesn't seem to be any of the other conditions that you're mentioning that's visible on your photos. Doctors prescribes fungas creams also when that's not the problem and I would avoid that unless it's been tested positive. My advice would be that you try for a start to add some other regular skin lotions or creams which are gentle to the skin and not containing anything which can cause irritations, get one from the pharmacy or elsewhere. Good Luck. :-) See if this helps.

• Posted

yes it's dry but the problem is these Annular patches or skin lesion ... today they appear in new places in the glans ..... so i don't what should i do

• Posted

Hello again to you!

?It doesn't seem to be anything severe, and it doesn't appear to be a fungal infection. It doesn't seem anything near that. It might be that you've got some reaction to something that causes some irritation of the surface of the skin being dry or some allergic reactions. Do you have a sensitive skin in general or any allergies or intolerances towards something? If it looked a little worse I could suggest that it could be eczma or something like that, but it seem almost too mild for this. However, in the case of this or some similar skin condition or a reaction you should add moist for a start, not use showergels that can cause irritation or dry out the skin, and avoid washing your penis with soap at all, but just rinse it, add cream. Like another user here suggest think about the washing powder, use some which doesn't cause allergic reactions. I hope that it will get better very soon. Your penis doesn't appear to be infected with something that shouldn't be on the surface, and it doesn't appear to be an open sore or blister. Good luck!

• Posted

thank you so much for the reply.. i will try use moisturizing cream ... and see the result ...

yes i have sensitive skin in general

it could be eczema as you said because i saw in another website someone has the same problem and it turns out it's eczema and the treatment was steroid ointment .... but i heard that steroid ointment make eczama worse sad

also i'm going to visit the doctor in few days...

• Posted

Have you perhaps changed something about how your underwear is washed? Could be a reaction to detergent?

If the skin is peeling, it is none of the ailments you mentioned.

I have had penile Lichen Planus and it doesn't look at all like what you show in the photos.

You will need to give masturbation a rest for at least a week for the skin to recover if that is what caused it.

Are you trying any antifungal cream yet?

• Posted

you have had lichen planus...i think i have the same condition..so can you tell me what caused it and is it cured?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.