dry mouth

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone know of any home remedies for dry mouth caused by an increase in my dosage.  I went from 30mg to 40 and my mouth is so dry.  I just ordered some biotine rinse and toothpaste but it will take several days to arrive.  What else can I try.  I am very uncomfortable.  Also, I don't remember this side affect from past increases.  It could be it just wasn't as bad.  Will this improve over time?  Thanks in advance.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Chewing gum. Try find a flavour you can keep chewing without getting bored of the taste.
    • Posted

And I mean sugerfree minty chewing gum the best.
  • Posted

Hi

I have been suffering with dry mouth together with a nasty metalic type taste in the mouth and still am, having ceased taking Cit 50+ days ago. It is one of the major lingering side effects which still experience although I am doing nothing positive to combat the issue so I would also be interested to know if anyone has had success in this area.

• Posted

I'm the same Jennifer!

Feels like the sahara desert in my mouth when I first wake up.

Brushing my teeth is the first bit of fluid I get in the morning but when rinising out I gulp down loads of water but still end with a scummy/dry mouth.

• Posted

Hi Macy... here's an update.  I saw my dr. tonight.  He suggested sucking on sugar free jolly ranchers or life savers for the next week or so.  He said if it subsides in the next week it was just a side affect of altering my dosage.  However, if it lasts longer than two weeks he is going to make adjustments to the med dosage.  Right now I take 2 20mg. and he has given me a precription to take 1 40mg.  He said "the binding" is different in the 40 and could help with the dry mouth.  I hope this helps you.  Talk to your dr. and see what options you have.  
    • Posted

I'm on the one 40mg tablet having switched from 2 x 20mgs tablets.

I'll keep an eye on it and keep some sugar free sweeets handy.

Thanks for the update

Judi x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.