Dry mouth

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anybody suffer with dry mouth ? I have had blood tests and scans and all ok! I have issues with my nose so guessing it is with me breathing through my mouth and not my nose when I sleep! Am fighting the NHS to carry out a operation on my nose but there starting to frustrate me, any tips on how to make this go away as it’s been going on for to long and is seriously affecting the way I live my laugh, am scared to drink alcohol because the next morning I can bearly open my mouth!  HELP

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Oh, do I know how you feel. I have had dry mouth now for about 6 weeks after getting an infection in my submandibular gland. I had the gland removed 2 weeks ago and I still have a dry mouth. It's really affecting my quality of life. Then, a few days ago I developed a coating on my tongue (possibly thrush) that I've read can happen after taking antibiotics (which I did for the infection and after the surgery) and as a result of dry mouth. All I can do is  drink plenty of water, suck on lemon sweets and lemon wedges, use dry mouth losengers (Therabreath), biotene mouthwash especially formulated for dry mouth and Xylimlets for night time. Xylimelts really work well I find, as does the biotene. They also do a gel you can put on your gums overnight. Since you posted 2 months ago, how is your dry mouth now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.