Dry mouth

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, anybody else suffer with dry mouth ? Seeing the dentist next week but really do not no what it causing it! Had blood tests done, all clear. Any ideas so take the irrating and frustration away from having this condition ? Riuining me life.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

auto immune disorders can cause a dry mouth ,not drinking enough fluids blocked salivery glands listerene mouth wash made my mouth very dry.chewing gum can keep your mouth moist sugar free.
  • Posted

I can sympathize!  I have not been diagnosed, negative for SS.  However, this has caused major dental issues and I just had $12,000 of dental work done as my top teeth were all getting loose.  Impossible to wear a denture with dry mouth.  Drink plenty of water.  Use Biotene mouth wash and spray.  Ask your dentist for, I think it is, PriVident and use it daily.  Floss!  You need to do what you can to maintain your dental health.
  • Posted

Do you have any anxiety John? I've been getting dry mouth too as one of my many symptoms, and so far the only diagnosis I've received is anxiety.

• Posted

It could be a medication you are taking that is causing dry mouth , there is also an autoimmune disease that causes it , try using Biotene gel , hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.