Dry Mouth and Eyes, with Peri/Meno...

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone,so this is every night mouth so dry I need water just to get my tongue unstuck, eyes so dry I keep them shut until I make it to the sink to splash water on them to moisten them back up, I mean 0% moisture in mouth and eyes... I'm not dry downstairs yet but if this is what I have to look forward to sign me off now I want no part ugggh .. Is this extreme dryness at night all normal.. Anyone else experiencing this to this degree???

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes, dry eyes and mouth! It's not pleasant. My well downstairs has not totally dried up yet, but I'm sure that's next.

• Posted

Yes unpleasant to say the least, hopefully it goes away!! Thanks Michelle
  • Posted

Try a small humidifier next to your bed. Or get a bowl of water and put a wash cloth half in the water, half out. It will put moisture in the air. 
    • Posted

I will try a small humidifier at my bedside, I'm a mouth breather so maybe it makes it worse.. Did you or do you still have the dry eyes and mouth too, and do you know if it gets better? This is one symptom that seems to stay with me..thanks Suzanne!

• Posted

I always have dry mouth at night because I'm a mouth breather too. And we always have the room very air conditioned because of the sweating at night. So that makes the air dryer too. I haven't had dry eyes. Sometimes dry mouth and eyes goes along with Sjogrens. My mother has that. There are drops you can get for dry eye, the ones that jennifer aniston promotes on TV might help.

• Posted

Ok I will check out the eye drops, yes my room same with the air , and it seems to take out all the humidity, thanks ...
  • Edited

Hi Gypsy, my mouth to was se v early dry that I had to chew chewing gum daily 16 months after my periods it got better not so dry now Thank God..but I do still have dry eyes dry sand paper skin and bad dryness down below these symptoms eases up in Post Mnopause with time I have been feeling better not cold any more but the hot flashes are still with me, I noticed iam also back with the world want to do things again..so you will get better you here me it will subside darling.
    • Posted

Oh Maria , that's great news! I haven't heard from you in a while, so glad your out and about mixing again with people.. I'm not there yet I do what I need to do and get right back home, anxiety and the hustle and bustle still all too much for me, I'm at piece at home by myself still.. Well you give me hope.. I just wish I knew if I was peri or post, but I will never know without periods from hysterectomy, I can only go by symptoms.. Aslo glad to hear the dryness eases up this is horrible, take care Maria and thanks for the reply?

• Posted

Hi Gypsy,yes that will be difficult having hysterectomy my mum had the same so I couldn't go by her or my Aunt..I know the horrible MENO I'm so glad I'm getting sleep again but wish the hotflashes would stop at night I'm so hot in bed I normally have a fan but it pack up on me..get another one next week,if you look good nothing is for ever it takes time it will drive up us mad but it's just transition we have to get through keep intouch let me know how you are doing from time time God bless.

• Posted

Yes, I have SUPER dry eyes! when I saw eye doc, she said all vessels were healthy...just extremely dry. Suggested Systane drops for daytime n gel for night. Heated mask helps a lot. I now have to take out contacts as soon as I get home, she said try not to wear more than 10 hours straight. I was also having broken vessels...which look scary but apparently are harmless, because my eyes are more sensitive because of the dryness.

No mouth issues- yet.

• Posted

Hi Katy, yes eye doctor said same exact thing to me back in Feb your eyes look great except for very dry looking.. I know I suffer bad I told her.. I don't know how perfect they can look both have astigmatism making it very hard to see at night and the dryness is a double whammy... And the mouth feels like I have a sock stuck in it, at night lol while sleeping, its so uncomfortable, I'm going to have to try the humidifier while sleeping since I do mouth breathe.. Thanks Katy for your reply ?

• Posted

last summer when meno began for me it was terrible dry mouth ridiulous i didnt know what was going on until i figured it out along with the other 68 symptoms that one can have.

water water water is the only help i have

even water did not help as it felt as if i was trying to water a plant that its soil was too dry even to absorb and it would just run off. 

• Posted

Hi Maui,yes the dryness seems to get you out of the blue.. Some days are worse than others so I think it's a matter of symptoms cycling themselves, you know how some weeks are better for some and others are just awful.. And I noticed winter was bad then when heat shut off for spring and had more humidity in house it was heavenly, even with the joints (no pain) during that period.. Then summer and hot days air goes on and draws out all humidity again and well back to the dry mouth eyes and joint pain.. Thanks for your reply Maui ?

• Posted

Hi, Gypsy.  Yes, I have seriously dry eyes and have had them for years.  But only at night, during the day I seem to be okay.  Not great,could stand some improvement, but at night they are bad. Last night I had to put drops in 3 times. Some nights I go straight through with no problem, I have no idea why.  Don't ahve the mouth problem, but I have seen some people say to take a couple teaspoons of olive oil before bed, to coat your throat.  No idea if it'll work, but olive oil is good for you, so...  smile  But the dry eyes do drive me crazy!  

• Posted

Hi hot girl, well it definitely must be a symptom then o f this meno , I too am ok during the day for the most part they just seem to dry more at night.. Good tip on the olive oil I will give a try.. Thank you 😛

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.