Dry mouth, chest tightness and blocked nose???

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past three months I've been experiencing these symptoms:

Dry mouth

Funny taste in mouth

Bad breath

Constantly clearing throat

One nostril always blocked

Chest tightness

Doctors says it's asthma but inhalers as well as allergy pills haven't been working. I did not get sick this winter.

What could this be?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Could be sinus - I had my nose broken and one side now blocked and getting symptoms but the Dr (UK) says nothing can be done other than painkillers if painful, steaming and washing out nasal passages with salt water. I found branded nasal spray for hayfever/sinus has helped a little though and also taking oregano oil capsules which have made a difference but of course, due to the injury, I guess it will keep occuring. I bought a saltpipe, not sure if this makes any difference and a cheap steam inhaler from a discount shop and added a few drops of essential oil of eucalyptus and that is soothing. I already eat healthily (have to as got digestive illness as well) but it is sensible to increase veg and fruit and cut back on dairy and cereal if they cause mucous formation. I also do facial massage. If you don't have an actual injured nose like me, you may have allergies or low grade infection.

Hope you can find what helps you.

• Posted

Hi.I know this post is a few years old but I am hoping I can get an answer on this.I have been feeling all these symptoms too but also added neck shoulder and upper back pain along with a feeling of breathlessness which I think is due to muscle pain. Appreciate some answers.Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.