Dry mouth - sores - details and pic inside - extremely worried, please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

A bit about myself, I am 29 years old male, I am physically active, I workout on average 6-12 hours a week, I am not extremely overweight, I do have a small tummy but I am overall really fit, I hike, I lift weights but I mainly do a lot of cardio (jogging, running). I do eat bad, I admit that but I figure at 29 and being as active as I am, I should be okay physically at least until I was in my 60s-70s especially since I have really good genes.

So about 8-9 days ago I noticed my mouth was feeling a bit dryer than usual. I figured it was just the weather and drank more water/tea/coffee etc. The first few days it started happening water wasn't quenching my thirst, and I thought that was odd, but I drank coffee a few times and it actually coated my mouth and made my mouth feel wet enough to sleep.

I wouldn't say it's gotten too much worse over the last week, but it's started to become an issue in my day to day life, I am constantly thirsty, I'll drink something and then 20-30 seconds later I'll water another drink, today I've already drank almost three 32oz gatorade bottles. I notice my mouth is extremely dry but then whenever I drink/eat something my mouth gets extremely moist as if the glands are being called to action but otherwise my mouth starts to dry up again.

What is even weirder is, most of the time I can produce saliva but it literally does nothing, my mouth still feels dry even when there's tons of saliva in my mouth, the only time my mouth feels really good is when I am eating or drinking.

Doing a lot of the cardio I do, at times my mouth would get a little dry normally, but it has nothing gotten to the extreme as the other day, at one point I literally had to stop, I couldn't produce any saliva period, I drank water, took a break for 30 seconds and went back at it. But I've never had that extremely dry sensation before.

That same day, I also noticed the top of my mouth was swollen and in slight pain, nothing unbearable. But it was definitely a pain on the top of my mouth, then I slept for 14 hours, I was hoping the dryness would just go away, so I just kept sleeping and hoping, I woke up and the dryness persisted but the top of my mouth is basically healed now, and now I have a new bump, it's on my tongue (which is in the picture)

I can't imagine this being diabetes as I am pretty active even though I eat bad, and I'm only 29. I mean it could be? but I know it's not a stroke, I know it's not Alzheimers, I doubt it's Sjorgen's syndrome as I read it usually attacks women, and above 40. So unless I'm missing something I'm really narrowing this down to diabetes, thrush(?!) or mouth cancer? but it's progressed so fast, literally from day 1 to day 8 already developing bumps?

Anyway some serious advice would help on this to help ease my mind. Some small details that I'd like to add that might help are

1. Food tastes great, my taste buds haven't changed even the slightest.
  2. My body hasn't change even the slightest, I still feel energic, I still want to do physical activities just my mouth seems to always feel dry as heck (even when there's visible saliva on my tongue)
  3. My throat doesn't hurt at all, and my throat also doesn't feel dry. Eating food is just as great as ever. So what in the world is really going on with me?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi are your glands bothering u at all Myadvice would be to see an ENT That could be a stone Just saying bc there is dry mouth involved

• Posted

Hi Rose thanks for your reply, so updates going on plus I also wanted to add some information.

I do not drink and I do not smoke, I hate both of those and never tried either.

With that said - today I woke up after sleeping 10 hours and I felt decent but throughout the morning I have been getting worse and worse, my mouth feels moist today actually, at least a lot more than it has been these days, the bump is not as bad as it was but I have a small fever and I feel terrible, my back and neck hurts, my body hurts all over and I feel terrible. I am wondering if the dry mouth could have been related to me having a flu or virus?

Thanks again.

• Posted

hey there, experiencing the same thing as you right now. it's awful. have you managed to solve your issues? any information is much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.