Dry red spots forming on chest. What could it be?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello folks.

I've noticed over the last 6 months these dry red spots forming on my chest. they just appear out of nowhere. sometimes they are very red sometimes there is only one or two other times 5 or 6 like in the photo (today).

I do believe i have a mild form of seborrheic dermatitis as sometimes I get abit of redness either side of my nose and between my eyebrows.

my scalp can also be flaky and itchy although I have been using a Ducray brand of shampoo that has generally cleared it up.

The scalp problem I have always had from a teenager ( I am now 31). the redness around the nose started maybe 18 months ago and the chest spots about 6-7 months ago.

i have included a picture as to what it could be. could it be something else or could there be a cause all of a sudden its appearing on my chest in this random fashion. why there is there some gland or something that causes it to develop at the chest?

many thanks!image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

get allergy tests done right now.

Reduce your stress, and pay attention to the things you use chemicals, food, drugs legal or illegal, etc.

you might be getting a chronic skin disease, or maybe you just have bacterial infection that starting very small and slow.

get the biopsy done.

The sooner you know what you’re dealing with the easier it’s going to be for you.

I have really bad skin disorder and what you have is exactly what my friend is dealing with just few spots here and there he never goes to the doctor because it never got bad and I hope it will stay that way also for you. Good luck man!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.