Dry, rough white patches on inner foreskin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, 

I've got these dry, rough patches on the right side of my shaft, inside my foreskin. Almost scale like. They often become cracked when I retract my foreskin, and cause mild pain.

I'm having difficulty finding anything like it online. Obviously I will speak to my doctor about it at my next appointment, but am quite concerned and wondering if anyone has any idea as to what it may be?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Just wanted to add in case any suggests Lichen Sclerosus. I have already consulted a dermatologist about the possibility of LS due to scaring on my frenulum. A biopsy was taken and came back negative. Whether this could be LS I'm not sure, seeing as it's in a different area. It has been getting worse over the past months though.

• Posted

Hi C, Out of all the tests you have had, have you had one for a yeast infection?

• Posted

Actually, I'm currently using an anti-fungal cream for a positive candida swab. I don't think the cream is doing anything for these patches though.

• Posted

HI C Try using some coconut oil 3 to 4 times a day as it love to fight YI's and very good at it, can also be used as a daily penis skin health oil but just once a day after you shower or wash.

• Posted

I have the same thing but a little worse let me know if u go to the doctor. Would post a pic but i only have a phone
    • Posted

Have an appointment with the doctor this week. Just an FYI you can post pics via a phone, you just have to use the desktop site. If you're using android this can usually be done by checking the box located in the settings drop down box in the top right side of the browser window (the 3 vertical dots).

• Posted

Just thought I'd give this thread an update. I had a biopsy done on the area and received results today which show Lichen sclerosus and lichen simplex chronicus. I've been prescribed steroid cream and have an appointment to see a urologist in the near future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.