Dry skin

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone get really dry eyes,face and scalp when having a flare up? And if they do any tips on how to get rid.docs Fave me oilatum,too thick..diprobase.irritates my skin.tried Nivea and Vaseline spray but my face goes really red and irritated.my scalp is mega itchy and sore to touch also

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I do and like you hate creams that lie on my skin. I have found over the counter cream called Aveeno to be very good at moisturising and stopping my skin itch.  You can get it in supermarkets and chemists including super drug who sometimes have offers.  best value is 3 tubes at Costco.
  • Posted

Gosh its strange I should come accross your post.  Yes I get dry skin all over.  I have suffered with this for a long time before getting diagnosed but do notice that i get it on my eyes especially and under my chin/jaw areas and also ears are very dry and flaky.  I just use oil of olay which helps but other than that nothing. Sorry
  • Posted

The aveeno irritates my skin and makes it red and blotchy.i even went to the opticians as my eyes hurt so bad at times.for them to tell me iv got dry eyes also
    • Posted

There are a couple of different types, I'm sure the one with wheat might be worth a try if nothing else working.?  Could it be another skin condition?

• Posted

Yes my eyes feel like they've been punched sometimes and I too get dry eyes, I think it's all trial and error as everybody's skin is different , good luck

• Posted

I also use vitrotears for my eyes, usually just a couple of days sorts the issue, which you can buy at the chemist.  Both these things I've associated with my  under active thyroid as  fibromyalgia was only recently diagnosed

• Posted

Morning Lothianchic;  I, too, go through stages of having very itchy skin (for no known reason); and I have had to end up taking an "over the counter" antihistimine....usually only need to take one a day for a couple of days.  Good luck......(you can private message me if you want to know the brand that I use).......Bron

• Posted

Dry eyes and mouth can have an autoimmune cause. And my doc says my Thyroid defic. is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (autoimmune)  I developed the dry eyes and dry mouth several yrs. after the Thyroiditis diagnosis.  Another possible cause could be certain medications.  Many medications can cause dry mouth.  I was allergic to the color once in a certain strength of Synthroid, so I had to switch to a white tablet.  It caused intense itching & it went away when I switched to the white tablet. I don't know your age, but another cause of dry, itching skin is lack of estrogen after menopause.  It's pretty awful. About the only thing you can do is use plenty of unscented hypoallergenic moisturizers.  

• Posted

THis is interesting as iv read about that thyroid issue before but yet my bloods are coming back normal.iv had dry tongue and eyes for ages now but my doctor isn't really bothered about it.she told me to go to the dentist!

• Posted

I had issues with sunlight due to some meds I was on and started using first aid beauty ultra repair cream. Found it at ulta. It's light weight and my skin soaks it up. It relieves eczema and safe for sensitive skin. I still use it even though not taking that medication anymore.

• Posted

Yes, sparodically.  Sometimes I get red blotches in the palm of my hands that itch like crazy and sometimes red welts on my arms which look like burns.  Dry skin, but thought that was more to do with my age.  Lately, in the morning on waking I cannot look at my clock as my eyes are so dry the lids are stuck to my eyeballs - boy that hurts...but only lasts for a very short time, then my eyes water like mad. My optician has given me a product to use at night "Clinitas" - helps a bit, but not always. Fibro is so unexplainable....so many strange symptoms keep appearing, as well as the usual fatigue, muscle spasms and tightness and nerve pain too, together with pins and needles and what feels like constant bubbling under the skin in my feet and legs.  

Living the life eh wink

Good luck x

• Posted

Oh also, I've noticed an improvement in my skin since I was recommended to eat 1/2-1 avocado each day!  Good fats from within.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.