Dry Skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone experienced dry skin? I get dry white bumps on my chin and around my nose. They will last a few days, and then go away. They keep coming and going?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My skin is incredibly dry all over, and it is a daily fight to get it hydrated.Aged before time.
  • Posted

Hey, I can't say what it is that is going on with your skin, but if it is literally just dry skin then I have some suggestions that you might find helpful.

I have eczema (used to have to wear bandages for it) and these are things that I have done which mean that my eczema is barely there and when it does flare up it is super manageable.

First of all, only wash your face or areas where you have dry skin in water only - don't use body wash, face wash no matter how suited for "sensitive skin" it is. I tried all sorts of prescribed body washes and water only is simply the best thing I can recommend. Your skin will likely rebel at first if it is used to being washed in anything but water, but this will calm down. Also, when you use shampoo and rinse your hair, avoid letting the suds run over your face or areas where you have dry skin. I would also suggest making sure that, when you wash, that you wash in cool/ lukewarm water. Basically, the cooler the better. Also, when you shower, after you have washed and before you get out, use an oil of some kind and rub it over your skin, I use almond oil (you can ask for this from behind the counter at your pharmacy) or coconut oil (Make sure that it is cold pressed coconut oil) This is a really important step. I let the water rinse the excess off before I step out of the shower. Pat dry gently with a towel. I also apply almond oil thinly, every night on areas of dry skin. I hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.