dry socket healing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

Please i want to know how the healing of dry docket hsppen . I mean how coukd happen when blood clot has been dislodged .

How the gum will fill without blood clot ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The oral surgeon should pack the dry socket with surgical foam to insulate the bone.  And also chlorhexidine gel can be applied to the extraction area for faster healing.  To avoid infection, he may put you on antibiotics.
    • Posted

Louiselost thank you alot for the answer . But i think you misunderstand the question

Cause my question is not how to treat dry socket . Its how the gum tissue can grow and fill without blood clot ? And will the hole ever close completly ?

• Posted

There are two types of healing - primary intention and secondary.  Yours is secondary because the clot is lost and so the gum has to grow right down to the bottom of the hole and up the other side.  This takes about 3-6 months so hang in there and it will be fine and will close.  Take care, Louise
    • Posted

Thank you again .

Execuse me cause my english is not very well .

Do you mean that the gum will grow from the bottom of the hole to the top ?

And i notice white stuff produced from the hole and keep recurring .its like liquid ?

• Posted

Yes legan the gum will grow from the bottom of the hole to the top - it just takes time.

The white stuff is actually the scar tissue which means your socket is healing well.  Since your mouth is always wet, the socket can't have a scab like if you had one on your arm.  Don't worry, it's just a damaged gum tissue in the healing process.

• Posted

Thank you i got it . Now what i forget to tell you that i hade oroantral fistula as diagonesed . This was 6 months ago and i still have the bone still didnt fully healed .

I refered to oral surgeon who said no need for surgery closure . It will heal after the bone heal completly .

Does the fistula really heal eventually ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.