Dry/sore eyes

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello,

Just starting to experience a sort of soreness around my eyes. Don't know if they are a little bit dry as well, often find myself rubbing them. There is a sore/dry patch on the outside of my right eye. Has anyone else been troubled by this? Is it a side effects of meds, I take Amitriptylene? Wecome any advice, thanks

Take care, Anne

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Anne, yes, when I am having a bad bout I get very dry eyes (but not around the outside). I don't think it's to do with my medication (Lyrica). I just use any soothing eye drops from the chemist and wait for the bout to pass. My eyes usually recover as my body does. I wonder if you find this problem fluctuates along with your fatigue and pain?
    • Posted

Hello Tigs,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Certainly something to think about, as I have been having a bad week. Thank-you.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

I use bio oil , it's the only thing that really helps , look into the fodmap diet it's great for fibro and helped with my skin
  • Posted

Hello Anne..

I have the dry itchy eyes like you, but I don't take the same drug. I have had it for quite some time, and guessed it was another symptom of our friend Fibro..

Regards

Annebiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.