dry throat

Posted , 2 users are following.

does carbanated water make throat dry and affect asthma

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

No, not that I ever experienced and we have a sodastream machine and use it regularly.  How long after you drink it do you weeze?
    • Posted

well not long  just started drinking carbanate water  for dry throught then got the weeze couple day later  but when i think about it we got  hot weather and lots of pollen so it could be that   i dont usualy drink fizzy water  more than likely the polen thanks for your reply keep well x
    • Posted

I have only a very few allergies to ingested foods.  They are very specific with same outcome and easily repeated.  The most obvious is dried apricots preserved with lots of sulfur dioxide to keep their orange color - if I eat a handful I will start to wheeze mildly within a few minutes.  The other allergies similar result.  I've never heard of a direct allergy that you wheeze days later.

Don't be shy to experiment - sit down (with your rescue inhaler handy) and have several glasses of highly carbonated water (more than you would normally have) and wait 30 minutes for any signs of reaction.  Don't complicate it with other foods. It's not totally outrageous idea, CO2 in water is mildly acidic and acids are one of the few things that can set me off.  But it is very mildly acidic, much less than the dried apricots.

In my opinion best to find out the truth about your food allergies in a controlled environment at home with medication and medical attention nearby if needed rather than 3 days away from civilization out in the bush surrounded only by hungry lions ... been there, done that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.