Dry throat/mouth

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone experienced dry throat/mouth with their anxiety?

I had a good day yest but I woke early hrs this morning with very dry throat/mouth which makes swallowing a bit harder and feel I am having to try to hard today to try and stop an attack or keep the anxiety at bay

I am drinking loads of water but it's not helping.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I wake up with dry mouth and I can not swallow for ages like I have nothing to swallow
    • Posted

Oh that doesn't sound good hun, have you found anything that works for you?

I absolutely hate the physical symptoms, they are awful! x

• Posted

I know ! Feel you can't cope with them they are there to keep anxiety going though that's how I see it lol no I just drink a lot no matter how much was drinking yesterday my mouth and throat still felt like I had not had a drink in days 😒 xx
    • Posted

Want to try and get rid asap ideally smile

I suppose all you can do is drink and keep on with your normal anxiety techniques to get through it? x

• Posted

Yep the only thing you can do and only thing I can give you as advice is try not to keep swallowing so much let as much sorry for it sound gross but spit build up in your mouth so then you can swallow it down I freaked out before I thought I wasn't producing any lol but it's just the more you think about it the worse it become crazy anxiety for you hun xx
  • Posted

Are you taking meds as they will cause this or snoring

try cider vinegar 1tsp in a glass of water maluka honey first thing really good at neutralizing anxiety drugs and getting you going for the day

• Posted

Yes i'm on prophanolol, on day 5 I think it is

I shall try that. Thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.