Dryness is so painful

Posted , 9 users are following.

please can anyone give me some guidance regarding, dry vigina due to menopause I am already on a hrt paches ( had to fight for it ) as I have had my overies removed 10 years ago and I find I have absolutely NO intrest in sex, my husband is great about it all but I feel just so old regarding this and I'm only 52 .  All your advice last time was really so helpful and that's why I managed to fight for hrt paches 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You may find some relief from the 'yes' lubricants. The water based one is very natural feeling and I find good for everyday use. There is an oil based one too. I think they are now available on NHS prescription.
  • Posted

Talk to your doctor about Estrogen cream thats suppose to help with the vagina stuff
  • Posted

A friend at work said KY jelly works good. I'm just starting to get to that point where I find myself having that issue so time for me to invest in that. I'm 52 as well and it can effect your sex drive. It's always good to be honest with your husband and experiment with some lubricants.
  • Posted

Not sure but I was reading this the other day 

But this is interesting ...Pros and Cons of Coconut Oil

For those looking for alternative remedies or natural lubricants, coconut oil has several advantages: 

As a lubricant to treat vaginal dryness, it moisturizes and soothes the vaginal area.

It is cheap, making it a cost-effective alternative.

It is antibacterial and antifungal, so it can be lubricating and prevent yeast infections at the same time.

It is easy to find in most grocery stores.

Disadvantages include:

It has a distinctive scent, which some may find off-putting.

It is not liquid at room temperature; however, it can be warmed up in your hands in less than a minute.

• Posted

I've found the best thing to be KY jelly for dryness. 

I'm 53 and I have no interest in sex either. This doesn't help the lack of natural lubricant.

I think it's because my hot sweats are so bad, I just feel drained the whole time. I also get bad migraines and headaches which are worse than before the op.

I've only been with my partner for 4 years, he has been so good about the whole thing, from helping me to recover from my hysterectomy two and a half years ago.

We both have MD, and i have sciatica and other back problems.

• Posted

Hi Charlotte,

Vaginal dryness is really painful--I know from experience. I am so lucky--I have a wonderful Gynaenocologist who UNDERSTANDS and believes me re all of these symptoms. I was taking a low dosage HRT for some years and some of my symptoms have lately become worse. He has started his investigation into this by ordering a blood test to see if my body needs more of the one hormone I take.He told me that severe menopausal symptoms can happen to anyone and just because lots of friends don't suffer this way doesn't mean it can't happen to you--because it can and it does! I love this man---he is my saviour re this problem. For the dryness, he prescribed a vaginal cream called Oestriol Vaginal Cream 15mg. (ovestin) It has some eostrogen in it and I use it twice per week. I was in a bad way with it by the time I went to see him and it took about 2 weeks to fix the problem---but it works really well! If I stop using it , the symptoms return after awhile. I'm sure this will help you too!

Coralie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.