Dryness or something else

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

ok I'm not sure where to start with this ?  I've got something going on down below that's sending my anxiety through the roof !  When I sit down I get a sensation, almost like the skin is stuck together (sorry to be graphic) it also feels slightly sharp sometimes ? Is this possibly a symptom of vaginal Atrophy or could it be prolapse ? I've tried to have a look and I can't see anything ? Some days it's less uncomfortable than others.  Thanks in advance xxx

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie, I got the dryness and I get like mine sticking together too, I think it's because your drying out but as you say it goes and comes. Ignore it till find a cream for it 

• Posted

Hi maria,

So grateful for your reply.  It’s so comfort that you say you have the same ! I really don’t know how to describe it really ? But what I first noticed cannonky be described as if something needs realising ? At first I thought it was an air bubble ? Because when I sat down it seemed to release something . . Now I’m thinking is it the skin becoming unstuck ? I don’t know it s new to me and freaked me out a bit xx I also think the worst xx

• Posted

Hi Maria,

Should have checked that before I sent it ! So many typing errors ! It should say ‘releasing’ not realising !!! Sorry hope you can make sense of it xxx

• Posted

Hi coconut oil has been an incredible help to me.

I also have an oestrogen Cream from the doc but the coconut oil really helps ‘outside’, it’s really worth a try.

Hope that helps, I learned this from a tip on this forum!

• Posted

Hi,  thank you very much for replying ! Can I ask what your symptoms are please ? Is it quite an uncomfortable feeling, almost a little hot and achy ? xx not sur ehow to describe it x
  • Posted

It's Av ,I've got this . Yes it's set anxiety off ,due to the sitting discomfort . Hormones doing it . 

• Posted

Hi Marlene,

Av ? Is that Atrophy ? is that what you mean ? Driving me nuts to be honest sad x

• Posted

Yes ,there is a site purley on this AV ,many with it ,have you had any Bartholin glad probs ? Yes it drives all of us nuts ,be careful what you buy over the counter ,been there done that . It's not always best way to go ,can make problem far worse ,plus cost you a small fortune . We're all different in what to try . I've had it for 12 yrs . 2 lots of HRT but it stays . 

• Posted

Hi Marlene,

Thank you.  I’ve bought one called  not sure if I can say in here ? Could you PM me if you don’t mind and let me know what’s good please ? Thanks so much Deb xxxxx

• Posted

Our down below equipment varies so much from person to person that it is impossible to say what is normal and what is not. If you have a good and understanding dr get them to check you out for a prolapse which is easily correctable with ring insertion. It may well be that you are just drying out and perhaps shrinking a bit. Get a good vaginal moisturiser or even a clear lubricant like KY Jelly. They are all good to relieve the discomfort or the dr can give you something for it. XXX
    • Posted

Thank you Tina ! Hope it’s just dryness to be honest ! I can cope with that more than the other xx

Deb xx

• Posted

Sounds like VA to me! Just buy over the counter cream, like Replens. It works great.
  • Posted

Debbie, it feels like a paper cut does. Very sharp pain, red & sore but for me the coconut oil has really helped.  Do hope it works for you.

• Posted

Hi again,   Thank so much I really appreciate your reply.  Is there a particular coconut oil you would recommend ? Is it possible you could send me a PM please ? xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.