DSNS Question

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anybody tried and had success with just using the 2nd half of the DSNS method ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I tried using 4days instead of 6 and it worked for a while, I got down to zero but it came back again .

• Posted

You mean starting at alternate days old and new and building up the no of new days?

• Posted

Only one way to find out!! Try it!!!

Quite a few doctors will tell patients to alternate old and new doses as a way to smooth the step down a bit and for a lot it works at the higher doses while the change is still a relatively small percentage of the current dose.

• Posted

Everyone is different. You need to try what works for you. I got down to 1.5 prednizone andstayed at that dose for 5 months but recently i have gone back up to 2mg. I will stat the DSNS method again when I feel stable.

It took me 3 years to get down to this. I started at 20mg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.