dtrans fentanyl

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

I have OA and sciatica, I have been on Tramadol and Diclofenac for the past 4 years (with severe side effects.. sickness dizziness etc.) and my GP has just changed my meds to dTrans patches. My dose is 12mcg and it's having no effect at all. I am back to see my GP next wednesday so he can increase the dose.

The only side effect I have had so far on this low dose is a slight feeling of being \"spaced out\".

I will keep you informed of the changes and wether or not it works, any side effects etc.

I think this forum is brilliant and I have found some very interesting posts on here. :D :D

Regards,

Caroline.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well I've been back to GP today, and because of the slight side effects I was having with the patches he wasn't willing to upgrade the strength on the grounds that it would just make me feel worse instead of better. Thank god for a doc that actually cares about the patient and not how many scripts he can write in one day.

Anyway he has put me on Naproxen 500mg 1 tablet twice a day, along with paracetamol. I go through so much pain I'm willing to give anything a go to try and find the right balance of painkillers that won't make me feel like I've been sailing the good ship VODKA for the past month.... ie the dizziness and vomiting. I don't mind feeling a little woozy if its a trade off for no pain.

I'll keep you informed yet again of how I get on with these tablets.

Wishing you all well.

Caroline x

• Posted

Well I'm sorry to say the Naproxen didn't work the way I expected. I took only 3 tablets and had to discontinue them because of the severe pains I was getting in my abdomen. I have had 3 weeks without any painkillers now (my choice) as I wanted to get all the drugs out of my system before I go back to my GP to see what he can suggest next.

I have found that hot water bottles on the most painful areas has eased the pain slightly but my mobility has suffered considerably as I have only felt up to leaving the house on 2 occasions and then it was only making it as far as the car so my husband could take me out to escape from the four walls!

Can't complain though as I have a fantastic family and they spend all the time with me they can.

Here's hoping that my doctors visit will be a good one today!

• Posted

Well I'm back on the duragesic fentanyl again, my doc has said to give it another go as it seems to be the one that gives me the least side effects, I don't mind feeling dizzy or sleepy as long as I don't feel like I'm going to thow up all the time.

I'll just have to see what happens.

• Posted

Hi all again, Just an update, I was at my doctors yesterday and he's now upgraded the strength to 25mcg. I just hope I don't need to go any stronger, all I want is for something to take the edge off the pain, I don't mind living with a little pain as long as I get my mobility back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.