dudnt get meds, pharmacy messed uo

Posted , 6 users are following.

No meds. I called about the nortriptyline and they said it was a pill form and I would be able to cut it to get a lower dose. Wrong answer, I got there and the pharmist said its a capsule, abou asked why did they tell me it was a pill and online it comes in a pill. She said I don't know. So we talked about the med itself and she it's for depression and it mat cause worsening depression and I told her I was taking it for vertigo and she why would anyone give you that for vertigo, it's not for that and I should be on a vertigo med. I said I think the doc would know what is used. She just looked at me. Don't think I'll be using them again.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Patty that medication is used for vertigo, and MAV as well. I can't believe that pharmacist doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

• Posted

HI

Everything I've read about this is that nortriptyline is used for MAV, I told her that, she was young so maybe she really has no idea yet that meds are used for different things.  

• Posted

I am on an antidepressant too... its called ciprolex. It has helped me with vestibular neuritis big time!
  • Posted

I dumped my approx half capsule into juice. Mine was not time release, so I could do that. Your pharmacist is not knowledgeable in her advice.
    • Posted

Hey Liz

How are you?  You said you where able to take out half the capsule?  What milagram was that?  I have the 10mg but have been told by a few different phamisist that I could not take half of it out.  I don't think they are time released, so it is possible to open it up and dump half of it and take the rest?  

• Posted

Aahhh yes. The run around. Getting to know it all to well

Lol

• Posted

Nortriptyline is an older antidepressant,  tricyclic antidepressant but used in low doses is a neuropathic pain relief for MAV.  I have 10mg tablets not capsules.  The pharmacist should know this.
    • Posted

HI

Are you in the U.S.?  I ask because they are saying they don't make 10mg tablets.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.