Due for fibroid embolization on 30th Nov 2016

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am due my op on 30/11/16 and want to know what to expect, I work as a mobile hairdresser and am due to return to work on 12/12/16, my clients are very understanding and are aware that I might not be able to fulfill their appointments. I am very anxious thinking about the op and hope that I will have much more energy afterwards as I have had atleast 3 years of exhaustion and terrible mood swings, pain and hot flushes. TIA for any replies x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had the procedure done over a year ago. I was off work for 2 weeks. I had a poor appetite and was very sore the first week and slept a lot. I was able to do light things the second week but tired easily. I went back to work on the 3rd week but I was still drained by the end of the day. Most of my symptoms were relieved immediately (excessive bleeding, pressure, frequent urination) but the tiredness took a few months to go away completely.

Everyone is different so it is impossible to know how quickly you will recover. Don't plan too much in the first few weeks and see how your body feels.

• Posted

Thanks so much angel, I am pleased to hear about the immediate relief of your symptoms, here's hoping I find a similar response after the op, at the moment I am suffering pressure on my bladder and bowel and am very fatigued, mt periods re very heavy and I am low in iron. I'm sure I can handle a couple of uncomfortable weeks so I come out the other side feeling tons better x

• Posted

Hello Kathleen,

I was just wondering how your procedure went. Hope your recovery has been smooth and you're able to go back to work as planned.

• Posted

Hi angel, I was much the same as yourself, a lot of pain the first week, slight crampings the second week, I went back to work yesterday, 12 days after op, I am a hairdresser, I am feeling great, most symptoms are fading, I feel my energies are returning and I'm sleeping better, my appetite took a while to return too. Now I just need my belly to shrink!!😳😄

• Posted

Very similar to my experience. I wonder why this affects our appetite. I am happy to be feeling better, but I've been sweating very easily. I plan to start back exercising so I can feel even better. Have a wonderful 2017 with fibroids and anemia

• Posted

Hello Kim, I had the same experience with the sweating after moderate exertion. My doctor said to do short bursts of intense activity ( walking fast for 10-15 minutes) more frequently so my body could get used to being more active again. This helped and after a week or two the sweating subsided.
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice...I'll definitely do it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.