Due to have a total hysterectomy and bladder reconstruction

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 38 and have suffered with chronic endomitrosis and pelvic pain for 5 years. I've been lucky enough to have 2 children. After my second c section I got pelvic adhesions. They are so bad my womb is stuck to my abdominal wall and my bladder cannot be seen as it's sandwiched between my womb and bowels and covered in adhesions. My consultant has only ever seen something like this twice. I'm due to have a total abdominal hysterectomy and removal of adhesions in July. I've also got to have stents put in my bladder and alot of work done to it. It's possible I'll need bowel surgery at the same time. This will be decided when I'm in theatre.

Has anyone had anything similar and please could you let me know about recovery time, pain relief and what I can expect. I'm so frightened. What about HRT too. Feeling incredibly anxious about it all. Thank you for listening.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zara

I'm so sorry to hear all the issues your facing.

I don't have any of The issues apart from having tvh.

However I do know someone who has lots of adhesions on her bladder and kidneys. She has had these adhesions removed a few time but they will always grow back w I th more scare tisdue.

She cannot take her because oestrogen causes them to grow .. It seems the more Surgery we have the chAnces are higher for scare tisdu e to form and grow out of control.. I've been told by her that this happens every time.

I pray it all goes well and you recover so fast. Hugs my lovely😘😘

• Posted

Hi Zara I had abdominal hysterectomy in january had 12 weeks off work also ovarian cyst recovery is boring due to taking it easy pain well controled in hospital aftercare was great 3 days in hospital and then home with paracetamol and ibuprofen wound healed quickly good luck and a speedy recovery xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.