Due to start humira?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello people hope everyone is keeping well, ive got uc, and have had a bad year with it so far cant seem to keep myself in remmission so now they wana start me on humira! Theres alot of mixed reviews about it and one min im ok with it then one min i dnt wana start it?? Any advice on the drug? Good and bad welcome aswell as i know not everyone is the same with uc, i had a reaction to azathyprine so couldnt take that, and im hating the steriods as im getting bad side affects from them, just dont wana take somethink and end up with somethink else ontop of uc if that makes sense! Sorry for the long msg and thank you 😁

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I was in the same boat but my IBD nurse gave me the information on all the anti tnf/immunotherapy drugs out there and let me chose.

Although it was the least fast working of all the drugs I went for Vedolizumab (30 minute infusion every 8 weeks) and after 6-8 weeks I've been in remission ever since (19 months ago) - it's a gut targeting drug - ask them about it. (I chose it because it had the least side affects)

If it wasnt for the medication Id forget I had UC.

• Posted

Hello james thats the one i wanted but they said i wont get funding for it unless tried one of the others first
  • Posted

Hi Jenny39132

I was put on it for a few months unfortunately it didn't end up controlling my flare which resulted to having surgery in the end .. however I would say I coped ok with the injections ok and didn't feel much side affects on the plus side my friend takes it and lives a very happy life so everyone is different.. good luck I hope it works for you x

• Posted

Thank u rachelle im coming off the steriods and seem to be doing ok, just wish they would let me try the bio logic i wanted to try rather than them telling me what one i have to have
    • Posted

Anytime well that's good you are coming off them I hated them but that's because they didn't work and still had the awful side affects humira is very good but doesn't always work for everyone let's hope it does for you xx

• Posted

Yh i hope it does just scared if i get any 'long term' side affects which im not sure if u can or if it was just bad luck for someone, i did google it and think its scared me readin bout peoples experience with it, but when ive asked on forums it dont seem that bad

• Posted

Yes I've done that before best to ask on forums or your ibd docs google isn't always your friend take care..

• Posted

I've been on Humira for 3 years and before that 3 years on remicade infusions.  Expense is my issue, these drugs are ridiculously priced.  The remicade just stopped working, the Humira keeps the flares down, but I still flare up sometimes up to 3 times a year.  My only choice to go med free would be a coloctemy and boy I sure don't want that.  My recommendation try the cheapest meds first and see how they work, usually you know within a week if they work!  Good Luck

• Posted

How was the humira for you? Im down to 3 steriods now and have been avoiding answering the calls from the delivery people and hunira nurse to get them delivered and to start me on the humira

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.