Due to start taking fluoxitine tomorrow....help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dreading the initial side effects of this as it kicks in sad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Side effects are different for everybody. Try not to think about it because you may not even get any side effects. When I first started that was my worry to and I would come on this site like everyday and it helped me to keep going.
    • Posted

Go for it! It might take a while to kick in but once it does it can be a life saver. Ive taken it in the past with no side effects, so dont think too much about it. If you get any, try to run through them, theyll pass and you will not know the benefits if u give up too soon.

Im back on flu, day 21. This time ive had some side effects but they are mostly settling already smile

i look at it as: i was already in a really bad place, so to maybe have some baddish side effects for a bit in order to get out of the bad place will be worth it. Doing nothing we are not fixing anything so its all for the greater good!

let us know how you get along! X

• Posted

Thanks ana, keep me updated with how you are getting on too pls xxx

• Posted

Day 1......so far,so good......well, not good, but not any worse!!
    • Posted

Not so good,anxiety through the roof, called my GP, he said to take my diazepam along with the fluoxitine just now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.