dulcoease or prunes to soften stools?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have very solid stools which are an effort to pass. I'd like to get them softened a bit and wondered if anyone would recommend dulcoease or prunes or something else?

I have poor mobility so I need to avoid urgency or diarreah at all costs!

I think I'm drinking enough and I have a good fibre intake.

thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anything like a lacative should only be used short term or your body becomes dependent on it. More fluid more fruit more fibre maybe fubregel

Are you taking amy medication like painkillets that might make you consripated l

• Posted

Hi dulcoease tablets are great prune juice is fab I used movicol from the doctor and plenty plenty of water 👍🏻
  • Posted

thanks.

Just some paracetamol which don't cause a problem.

I need to make sure  I dont need to go at short notice so i'm nervous about using dulcoease

• Posted

I would try some metamucil fiber supplement.

If its really hard, do not force it....It could lead to hemmroids or even a fissure. Call your doctor if you want or go to your local drug store and get an enema. Be careful using it as you do not want to do more damage to yourself when you are tyring to help yourself. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.