Dull Abdominal Pain 3 days after colonoscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All ,

I had my colonoscopy on Tuesday this week under sedation. First 2 days I did not have any pain but since yesterday I started feeling some kind of dull pain on right side. I talked to my doctor already and they said it is nothing to worry about.

I am not having any vomiting or blood in stool but the dull pain is there which is not going away...

Is it something common after colonoscopy ?

PS : They did not find anything wrong during colonoscopy. no biopsy was taken and next colonoscopy asked after 10 years

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't be concerned. ..the scope probably scraped against a turn in your colon and you said the pain was on your side where a turn would be. Or it could be trapped wind as they do pump wind into you to make it easier for the scope. As there's no bleeding g etc. give it a few more days ..i'm sure the discomfort will go..if not contact your Doctor again.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I just visited ER and they did CT Scan. As of now report is normal i.e nothing dangerous is happening. Hope I will get better soon

• Posted

glad to hear it..just a bit or very mild bruising to the bowel I would think...that a ct wouldn't see...bear in mind a foreign body (the scope) was working it's way round your bowel so there are sometimes mild after effects ..it'll go in a few days.

• Posted

still no improvement.. Doctor did blood work and had abdominal xray as well. Results are normal but pain is still there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.