dull ache deep in left side of chest

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have cardiac problems .just now have fluid on lungs and swollen ankles .Last five days have had dull ache deep in left side of chestMainly this is when I am on my feet moving around doing everyday things .Does not feel like my usual angina but GTN spray gives me approximately 4hrs relief.No idea what it is but don't know if it is worth bothering my GP.Any ideas or suggestions what it might be?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian, I am no expert but I do have heart damage from a virus and have been told I am in heart failure so I have a bit of personal experience. It sounds like you perhaps need an increase in your diuretic. Visit your GP as soon as possible as you might be going into more severe heart failure. It could be fluid overload that is causing the chest pain. Good luck and keep us posted.

Glynis.

• Posted

Thanks Glynnis I think I will phone surgery tomorrow as they have described my heart as sluggish -whatever that means and I had another suspected heart attack in February.Hope you are well
    • Posted

Hi Glynis,just thought I'd let you you know my ecg&blood tests were ok.GP said it is just my oesophagitis so am now checking what sets it off.Still got echo and nuclear stress test coming up but fine for now?

• Posted

Hi Gillian, so glad to hear that it is not heart failure giving you chest pain. At least oesophagitis is not life threatening!!even if it's uncomfortable. Hope the echo and stress test go well. 

I have an exe ECG on Thursday and feel a bit scared of the results, know what waiting for results feels like.

i wish you cont good health 

• Posted

Thanks Glynis,hope your exercise ECG goes well.I am still waiting for appointments for echocardiogram and nuclear medicine stress test.They are not sure if my second heart attack and now fluid on lungs and ankle might have tipped me into heart failure.Time will tell and if that is the case I will face it then;till then I am carrying on as before.However I do take a lie down when my body tells me "if you do not lie down you are going to fall down".??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.