Dull ache in chest

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have been getting a weird kind of pain just below my left breast towards the centre of rib cage but deep inside , its sort of like a dull ache with the occasional episode of sharp wincing style of pain , I have been to see my GP and she sort of looked at me with a blank expression and said it could be indigestion and has prescribed me with labsoprazole , it isn't indigestion as I suffered with that before , the pain is to high up to be that , she is sending me for a ECG at the end of the month , I am worried sick as I have had this pain for 6 weeks now , I also have high cholesterol ,

Does anyone have any idea what it could be , thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

I'm no expert but been suffering from chest pain myself for months.  If its been 6 weeks its unlikely to be your heart.  Your ECG will reassure you or at least ensure you have the right help.

I was prescribed lansoprazole but I've come of that and nothing has changed.  I am awaiting an Endoscopy to rule out Acid Reflux.

Does it hurt when you move or is it just there all the time?  Your doctor should be able to make a diagnosis on your symptoms.  Make sure you tell them everything.

I hope you feel better soon smile 

Ste x

• Posted

Hi Steve

It hurts all the time , it's been coming and going for the last 6weeks , hurting for a few days but then easing off , but this last week it's been constant , my GP was going to give me a GTN spray but then somehow decided on labsoprazole which are doing diddly squat

Thanks for your reply Are

Nicola 😘🙅

• Posted

Sorry about the emoji's pressed wrong button then couldn't delete post

• Posted

Hey smile

I got the GTN Spray too.  I was scared to try it in case it did work (weird i know).  But it does relax muscles so it may work and not mean its your heart.  If the doctor has not prescribed then they don't think its your heart.  It took a long time to reassure me, I had a stress ECG at hospital which finally put my mind at ease that it wasn't my heart.  I'm on anti anxiety tablets so hoping those will take it away.  

I know its not nice, I really hope you can get sorted.  I use a hot water bottle all the time.  It doesn't help at all but its a nice comfort blanket.

Ste x

• Posted

I have an EGG booked in for the 19th September but feel like that is ages away , pain is slowly increasing , I have high cholesterol as well which is worrying me been on meds for years for that , I have asthma but have ruled that out as I'm not wheezing

So they think yours is due to stress , my dull ache first came on whilst I was driving and really felt like stitch crossed with indigestion,

but has carried on ever since ,

Thank you and hope your meds ease your symptoms

• Posted

Been back to Docters this morning , my pulse was at 110 which at times is classed as normal for me , had tests done years ago ,

She has sent me for a chest x-ray and wants bloods done , so maybes I am getting somewhere now , she told me to take paracetamol and ibuprofen for the pain , but if it gets any worse to go to A&E

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.